Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Moving to Atlanta, Leaving San Diego Post 2

I’m going to dinner with a few friends since I’m leaving. Part of me wants to go to places I’ve never gone to but always wanted to but instead I’m going to all of the places that have been regulars over the years.

Baja Betty’s. I was here at the opening when it was called Margarita Mary’s until it was sued by some dark business overlord somewhere and was forced to change the name. I was also here for several of the anniversary parties many times randomly walking in on the right day for free food. I watched the initial group of really hot guy waiters dwindle down to the more reliable and more professional average looking waiters.

One of my 40th birthday parties was held here (I had several parties the same year NOT turning 40 several times) as well as many of my friends b’days. This was also the scene of an admirers ,Gunther, famous breakdown when I decided waiting two hours for a table for 12 was just too long. Its when I got the infamous “why do you hate me” text message. Later that night he was mugged after a good old fashioned white trash trailer park style argument in front of my apartment.

Adios Betty’s and Buenos Suerte. In tribute I pour half of the signature drink, a kick ass margarita, on the curb. (not really, at 7 bucks a piece that’s just crazy)

No comments:

Post a Comment