Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Atlanta

May 1, 2010

I'm moving to Atlanta. Probably.

Reed called to tell me he has an interview for an internship in Atlanta for a company that makes baby clothes. Perfect for him and it sounds like a perfect fit. Time to get ready.

A large part of going somewhere is saying goodbye to the place you're leaving. Sometimes it's as easy as turning your back on a place you can't wait to leave but I really like San Diego and have had six great years here. Out of ten. That's more than fifty percent.

It's the right time. I can feel it in the air. My friend Alej is moving to Long Beach and moving on with his life with his new partner. Nobody needs me in San Diego, I don't have a car, I don't have any commitments and I'm really wanting a new experience. So Atlanta it is.

I nearly moved to Atlanta before the Olympics in 1995. I had just gotten my massage license and wanted to move so I could work on world class athletes. I don't remember why I didn't make the move out of Florida then but I didn't. Maybe a boyfriend. Probably a boyfriend.

Atlanta won't be my first time in the South either. I lived in New Orleans in the 80's and would like being back close to the Carolinas and some green landscapes. And it's cheaper to live there according to several articles. So Atlanta it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment