Thursday, July 21, 2011

I don't have writer's block... really

I've always thought that writer's block referred to not knowing what to write about or not coming up with anything unique. I must not be alone in that thought because every few weeks someone says to me, "Oh you're a writer? I have a story. You write it and we'll split the money". I smile and say "ok" to their faces but "Screw You" in my head. The only reason I agree to it is because these people obviously aren't motivated and won't bother me again anyway.

I've never been at a loss for words. My block comes in the form of too much choice and the gremlins of life that pop and act more important. Like today. Should I write that short fantasy I have outlined about the dwarf and his wife for a contest or should I start on the sequel to the book that I just finished? Oh wait.. is it laundry day? I better check my sales again for the fifth time today... I should dust.. I need new shoes. Oh I know.. I can post a blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment