Monday, August 3, 2009

excerpt from from current essay

My first day of classes my freshman year I knew I had made a mistake. General Science was held in what we referred to as the old high school and in what could only be considered a basement. The shelves were lined with poorly maintained jars of animals and various parts of animals floating in sickly green and brown shaded formaldyhyde. The jars were old and a few weren't sealed well and half the liquid was gone. It was probably circulating through the air around us mixing with the asbestos and lead causing any number of lung and brain disorders. Some were so cloudy you couldn't see what was in them unless you tilted the jar like a macabre version of the lucky 8 ball. "Will I ever find true love?" .. answer: Pig pancreas.

No comments:

Post a Comment