Thursday, June 18, 2009

I want brown feet.

I don't tan as dark as I used to. I don't know if it's because my skin has changed or if it's the fact I just can't spend all the hours I used to at the pool or in tancentric conditions.

Even in California I found it harder to keep my tan. June Gloom days and cold ocean water just reduces opportunities. Back in FL though I don't know why I can't get a rich cancer riddled leathery look that seems to be so popular here among women over 60.

As a child the semi-public pools were our babysitter in the summer. We'd be dropped off in the mornings with a few dollars and picked up 7 or 8 hours later. By August my hair had lightened and my skin had darkened to about the same color. My hair doesn't fade evenly though so I often had the look of a brindle cat. An effect no hairdresser has been able to recreate.

In Florida before I was a full time massage therapist and loved it when my hands were darker colored than my clients. Most of all though I like when my feet are tan. I think tan feet are the ultimate in tanning. It says not only can I play outside.. but I can play outside barefoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment