Monday, August 2, 2010

Leaving San Diego 4

Round one in the storage unit. I’ve heard it said that the main reasons people put off a chore is because 1) it seems overwhelming or 2) they don’t know how to start or in my case 3) both and no car to haul crap away.
When I put this stuff here to I told myself and anyone who would listen that I wasn’t going to be one of those people to spend more money to store my stuff than my stuff was worth. That was over two years ago. Over $1800 ago. For stuff I’ve recently decided to just get rid of.
Today I just arranged and sifted. Old checks, leases for apartments. Paperwork for a home I no longer own, pay stubs, receipts for businesses, real estate license, tax forms. Five boxes total hand shredded and thrown out.
The papers that are left are a little trickier, Journals, legal documents, pictures etc. Luckily I have time and a storage unit so I shove it back in and lock the door. I’ll be back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment