Friday, August 6, 2010

Leaving San Diego 6

For nearly the entire time I’ve lived in San Diego I’ve had a membership to the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park. It was always a great default place for a walk, to take picture or for a date. A lot of first dates happened in these zoos. It was also where I would walk almost daily to help lose weight when I wanted the job as a flight attendant.

My first membership was with my ex. It was one of the few things we liked to go together that wasn’t shopping. After we broke up a friend I’d met that worked at the zoo was kind enough to remove him from our membership and extend mine a few more months. After that I bought a membership. After that it was always a good gift for friends to give. It is a big part of what I consider to be my San Diego.

I’m so thoroughly acquainted with the zoo there’s nothing I feel I haven’t done but I’ll still take the time to say goodbye and will try to get to the Wild Animal Park. The WAP is further and a little more difficult to get to for me without a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment