Thursday, July 30, 2009

A day...

A day

I'm coming to the conclusion of a few books. Rhapsody by Elizabeth Haydon and The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell. Two very different books I know but that's sort of the point. I have a few audio books lined up of different genres and have decided that I need to read something extremely popular but not what I would normally read. Read it as a writer and not just for fun.

I met with a friend yesterday and he asked about my writing. I hadn't seen him in almost 3 years but it occurred to me that I was only slightly further ahead now than I was then. I told him that I was working on it and that I was in a situation where.. if I didn't get published and serious now then I needed to give up because it would never happen.

I'm also on the third day of my fast and feeling a little buzzy. I did have some soup yesterday and haven't been good about cutting out coffee. But if it helps the coffee I've been drinking isn't very good. I've also had a few beers.. so shoot me. It hasn't helped me focus but there could be other personal issues that are occupying my mind. Not a good excuse though.

I haven't weighed but I didnt' weigh beforehand either so it probably wouldn't do much good anyway. I don't feel any lighter. I did measure my waist and it's down 3 inches. Remember it's not the waist like where we have our pants.. but higher up.. alas.

Besides feeling a little light headed and being a little grumpy one of the days there isn't much change. But... I did dream about pizza last night.. and M&Ms.. and salmon... all mixed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment